I like to introduce myself

Introduce yourself to the Playground Community.
Vikker

I like to introduce myself

Post by Vikker » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:40 am

Dear all,

I like to introduce myself. My name is Vincent and I just started with this course.
I've already played guitar for 20 years and now I started with playing Piano.
I just love the sound of the instrument and I've always wanted to been able to play it. I hope I can manage that using this course.

Kind regards,
Vincent

sw1tch73ch

Re: I like to introduce myself

Post by sw1tch73ch » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:33 pm

Hi Vincent!

You have an advantage to many with beginning piano. One of the things I struggle with is the sense of timing. Since you play guitar, you have probably already developed that sense.

Good luck with your piano ambitions.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:05 pm

Vincent!

It's a pleasure meeting you! What kind of guitar do you play? Acoustic, Electric? Or both? I've spent some time playing guitar (well after learning how to play the piano) and as sw1tch73ch pointed out, it definitely gives you an advantage. There will be some things that come easier to you since you have experience playing an instrument.

We're looking forward to you sharing your progress with the community!

Vikker

Post by Vikker » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:29 am

Thank you. Timing is indeed one of the pro's I already have.

I play both electric and acoustic guitar. And indeed it is more easy to learn piano then when I wouldn't have played any instrument, but it is still difficult. Another advantage I find to have is that I have some routine in practicing an instrument. I think there's a certain approach to it. I practice every day for at least 20 minutes, I practice many different things, (songs/chords), and when things don't work, I am patient. Because I know that when I practice that same thing the next day, it will go better. This has to do with the muscle memory that just needs time.
But most of all I just have a lot of fun in it ! How did your guitar journey end David ? Do you still play ?

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:55 pm

Oh yeah, those are definitely advantages you'll have with picking up the piano much faster than most.

And yes, I still play guitar. I mostly play acoustic guitar since it's louder and lighter than an electric guitar.

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:04 pm

davidsides wrote:I mostly play acoustic guitar since it's louder and lighter than an electric guitar.
You just need to turn the electric guitar up to eleven! (I hope I'm not the only one that enjoyed "The is Spinal Tap")
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --