New to the site!

Introduce yourself to the Playground Community.
Chris Nabil

New to the site!

Post by Chris Nabil » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:42 am

Hi Guys,

Dont know if i am posting in the right place but i am new to the site and just bought a lifetime membership. I read music (somewhat) played the Organ for many years but always wanted to learn the piano properly. With playing the organ im used to reading actual chord types not playing the bass clef as you would with piano so im excited to learn and build my piano skills!.

I was looking forward to using my iPad to link up with my keyboard (Kronos 2 88 key) but then found out that my iPad is a 2nd generation and does not allow any usb connections so maybe i could set it up with my lap top or.... maybe my iPhone??

I would be grateful if you guys could help me with a starting point and advise me to what i need to start out and how to navigate through the site to start my journey.

Many thanks to you all

Chris

sw1tch73ch

Re: New to the site!

Post by sw1tch73ch » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:15 pm

Chris Nabil wrote:I would be grateful if you guys could help me with a starting point and advise me to what i need to start out and how to navigate through the site to start my journey.
Hi Chris!

I had a little piano experience before PlaygroundSessions and was familiar with sheet music before starting. I still started with the Rookie Bootcamp. If you find the lessons easy to start with, work through them any way as a form of refresher and warm up. If you are comfortable with the material and can get through the lessons quickly, you'll be into the Intermediate lessons soon enough.

If like me, you really do need the Rookie Bootcamp, you'll be glad you started there.

I recommend this because you bought a Lifetime Membership. You might as well get your lifetime's worth from it!

Just keep Playing!
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

Tyler

Re: New to the site!

Post by Tyler » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:46 pm

Chris,
I own an iPad Pro and I have this (http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD821 ... ra-adapter) and it works like a charm. Although, I imagine this (https://www.amazon.com/Black-Lightning- ... B00STYS2KE) might work in conjunction with the previous adapter, but no guarantees really when it comes to connection fidelity.

Honestly, I do find that I tend to use Playground more often on my Macbook Pro than my iPad just because it's easier to connect with just the one cable.

Good luck though!
~Tyler