Use the Lightning Connector from Apple with Ipad

Introduce yourself to the Playground Community.
jack58

Use the Lightning Connector from Apple with Ipad

Post by jack58 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:06 am

Hello Fellow Musicians!
After buying this connector and that connector for my Ipad Air 2 I bought the Apple Lightning connector to connect to my printer cable and Casio P760. The copies just wouldn't allow Playground Sessions to see a connection. Ready to try out the Beta version!

sw1tch73ch

Re: Use the Lightning Connector from Apple with Ipad

Post by sw1tch73ch » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:49 pm

I had trouble with the third party lightning connectors too. I ended up with the Apple brand Lightning Camera adapter with power pass-through. That did the trick.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

fkoosna

Post by fkoosna » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:51 pm

Hi, Guys!

My iPad Air refuses to recognise my Roland FP 30 when using the Playgroundsessions app. I'm using / trying to use an Apple "lightning connector" i.e, the same white cable I use to charge it. Is there a difference between the lightning connector and lightning camera adapter cable or do they perform the same function?

Laurensss

Post by Laurensss » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:58 am

fkoosna wrote:Hi, Guys!

My iPad Air refuses to recognise my Roland FP 30 when using the Playgroundsessions app. I'm using / trying to use an Apple "lightning connector" i.e, the same white cable I use to charge it. Is there a difference between the lightning connector and lightning camera adapter cable or do they perform the same function?
Hi fkoosna,

I think you are not using the correct USB port on the Roland. There should be two different USB ports, one you can use to save songs to a USB flash drive and one to connect to a computer. You need to use the latter port (USB B female), see page 5 of the manual. It looks like the port you also find on the back of printers etc.

That unfortunately also means you have to give Apple more of your cash: you need to shell out for this or this. If your iPad starts charging when you connect it to the "wrong" port like you did, consider the more expensive of these two gadgets - it will (probably) allow you to keep your device charged while you play if you also connect the Lightning charge cable.

If you don't already have it you also need to byuy a USB cable (often called "Printer cable"), USB A male to USB B male.

Good luck! -Laurens