I need serious help with this.

Introduce yourself to the Playground Community.
rje1958

I need serious help with this.

Post by rje1958 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:24 pm

Well,
there is no tech support....
I have the midi cables for my Yamaha Aris Electronic piano and I have my Apple Macbook and Playsessions download.
I cant get the midi connected, I am tecnically challenged.
If anyone can help me out, my e mail is: Ronkid40@yahoo.com
if you send me a phone number to call or e mail me and I will gladly send out my e mail to get help. I dont want to fully sign up if I cant even get this far. I am a Senior.....gulp, 58 years old and retired......so..........give me a hand here.......
Ron

Serpellior

Re: I need serious help with this.

Post by Serpellior » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:27 pm

Hi Ron,

Did you ever get this sorted?

Regards,

Serp

thomas1018
Site Admin

Post by thomas1018 » Mon May 01, 2017 4:22 pm

Hi rje1958,

You might need to install a driver in order to get your keyboard connected. Since you are using a Yamaha keyboard, try here:

http://download.yamaha.com/usb_midi/index.html

You can also email us: support@playgroundsessions.com

Laurensss

Post by Laurensss » Tue May 02, 2017 4:12 am

I think Ron got a lot of support on the PGS Facebook page (and had his issue solved).

singh26

Post by singh26 » Thu May 25, 2017 2:25 am

I had the same problem , connecting yamaha ypt-230 with my mac , os sierra. I tried all the drivers on the yamaha page. I finally thought of changing the midi to usb cable and get it directly from yamaha as the one displayed on yamaha website comes with a driver CD. But then i came to know about their bluetooth dongle. Guess what i ordered that from amazon, no drivers needed, plugged in and there you do my keyboard is connected to my mac. No messing around with wires. People talk about the lag , but i have noticed any. I am not going with wired connection again.