I see no much of the old real rock songs from 70s

Introduce yourself to the Playground Community.
Violad

I see no much of the old real rock songs from 70s

Post by Violad » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:01 am

Hi All

I am new at playground, but not at the piano. I have been playing nearly 5 years now, my main goal is improvisation, learning by ear basically my challenge is to accomplish what is considered the most challenging, playing in a band live.

I like Rock from 70s but mainly what I consider somewhat hard rock.

The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Radiohead, Eric Clapton, Janis Joplin, Animals, I see nothing like that except very popular rock.

On the song request I see people looking for similar songs, but there must be a reason why none of these song requests are not in the library?

So how long does a song gets to be published and added to the library?
Will a song that I request be added to the library?

Thanks

thomas1018
Site Admin

Re: I see no much of the old real rock songs from 70s

Post by thomas1018 » Mon May 01, 2017 4:37 pm

Hi Violad,

All song requests are logged. Don't worry, they do not go unnoticed! Adding songs takes time because the Playground music team is small. Each song is given equal attention and is meticulously prepared for our users to enjoy. This includes picking the songs we want to arrange, arranging them, creating accompaniment tracks from scratch, formatting them and testing them. We add about 2-4 songs per week.

Thunderbass

Post by Thunderbass » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:12 pm

I agree.

I have only joined Playground sessions based on the song Babba O Riley by the Who, but was surprised at the limited song choices outside of the lesson support songs. I would dearly love to see Eric Clapton's Layla with the solo in C sharp. I would also have expected Toto Africa, Rosanna etc to be in here.

I am enjoying it so far, but the list may become limiting very soon. Please dont let playground suffer from the issue Betamax had with VHS where Quality trumped Content at the eventual cost of the format.

From a beginner's perspective I am using playground to augment my ABRSM lessons for sight reading and it is great for that, subject to the odd latency issue.

Violad

Post by Violad » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:58 pm

glad that you agree with me :-)

I am 100% with you.

thanks

KookyFox

Post by KookyFox » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:34 pm

Midnight Rider was a pretty good addition at least!

Violad

Post by Violad » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:15 am

Yes midnight rider is brilliant and I will get this as next song to play

KookyFox

Post by KookyFox » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:44 pm

Think it's better to learn the beginner version first and then move on to intermediate and advanced? Or just straight to the advanced?

Violad

Post by Violad » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:29 am

In my case I always play the advanced version, it depends on how many years you have been playing and how confident you are with the piano.

I have been playing now since 2012, and did go to music school, and played few lives but now playing only home that is why I am using playground, with my knowledge and the playground method I am able to play a song real quick.

Russ1409

Post by Russ1409 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:20 am

If they are available, I always buy all three levels of the songs. There's been times where I didn't even play the beginner level, but I have it in case I want the bear bones of the song, or maybe one of my friends or family wants to try out the program. The intermediate songs are my appropriate level right now, I've found. Once I've mastered the intermediate, I will often practice certain sections of the advanced level, and incorporate them into the intermediate level. For instance, the piano solo in "The Way It Is." I play the song at the intermediate level, but when it's time for the piano solo I play the solo found in the advanced level. The advanced level song is too difficult for me, but I can get through the solo in just fine.

I've also found that at times, with some independent study, I can begin to understand where open voicing, or arpeggios, or other techniques can be applied to music when I have several levels of music to look at. I've found this helps me with sheet music and fake books.

Russ