Man on a Mission...

Introduce yourself to the Playground Community.
sromeo4

Man on a Mission...

Post by sromeo4 » Mon May 29, 2017 11:18 am

Hi all,

New to Playground and glad I found it...

I had played around on a keyboard I bought some 14 years ago and back then could pick a melody apart by ear but never had any lessons. Said keyboard (Radio Shack MD-1160, 61 keys) not bad for it's age really was removed from it's bag about a month ago after ten years in storage and has resparked my interest. With 100 sound and 100 rythms the sound quality is not so great but it has midi...

After looking for an upgrade to this keyboard I have got my eye on a new Yamaha PSR-S770 arranger (what a machine). So the challenge is to use the old keyboard, midi to usb converter I bought and "Playground Sessions" to n learn the Piano / Keyboard to justify the expense of this fantastic Yamaha arranger keyboard.

Nothing like an incentive to motivate you to practice and so the journey begins...

Just over the last week I have started playing with both hands at once, something I though not possible and all because of Playground, exciting progress...
I can't wait to see how far and fast I can progress and am hopefull that the PSR-S770 will be played convincingly and not just used to mess around on but to record and compose music. All this by the end of the year is my goal...

Thanks

sw1tch73ch

Re: Man on a Mission...

Post by sw1tch73ch » Tue May 30, 2017 11:55 am

Wow, what a step up from the MD-1160!

That's an impressive keyboard, the PSR-S770.

Enjoy!
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --