Is this site for me?

Introduce yourself to the Playground Community.
Koskas

Is this site for me?

Post by Koskas » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:29 pm

Hey i am music producer for a while and i want to learn more how to play piano
now im looking for a site that will teach me how to jamming for myself on the piano not just learning how to play other ppl songs

my Q is this program will also help me to learn how to freestyle and play what in my mind or just how to play other songs?

Thunderbass

Re: Is this site for me?

Post by Thunderbass » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:21 pm

I have joined for the same reason. But my personal advice is that it is only useful as one tool in your tool box of tricks.

To achieve your goal you will need to find other sources too. It is hard to offer specific advice without sharing your other musical experience.

The App is quite expensive, but over time less than Pianomarvel which I also trialed.

I havent found anything on this app that will help with scales, modes etc (General Music Theory in practice) which you will need to put your own ideas together in an efficient manner.

for example learning why certain chord progressions work. and how to use dimminished chords to modulate keys etc...

I recommend it for getting your hands to do what your brain is seeing on the sheet. (as one tool to learn)

Good Luck.

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:02 am

I'd say Playground Sessions is geared heavily toward Sight Reading and familiarity with the piano keyboard. Some of this will help with "jamming" sessions, but you may want to explore composition and the related music theory around that. So the program would help a little, in that you become much more familiar with the piano keyboard and build the muscle memory that is part of playing a piano.

I have not seen any thing that would be improvisational or "free style" related. At least not at the moment. On that I think you'd be disappointed.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

tandeitnik

Post by tandeitnik » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:31 am

It's not for you. Playground is for learning the basics of the piano and to buy songs on the song store and use the friendly interface to learn them. For me it's perfect, because I just want to know how to play songs and I'm quite lazy when it comes with reading sheets of music (and I'm ok with being lazy), so the store is a great source of pieces and the interface helps me learning the song making it easier because I don't read to read the notes (I turn on the fingering that shows the name of the notes above them).

And I will say, I came a long way! I started as a completely beginner and I today I'm already learning the advanced pieces (and they sound really nice). The rookie versions don't sound very nice, but you have to start somewhere!