Great to Meet Everyone

Introduce yourself to the Playground Community.
LovetheKeys

Great to Meet Everyone

Post by LovetheKeys » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:38 pm

I'm really enjoying Playground Sessions. I'm an older guy who decided to take up the keyboard as a form of therapy for my arthritis. They say you should keep moving, so that's what I try to do. I've found the piano to be a most excellent way to exercise the fingers. My fingers are a tad crooked so I usually have to play inversions when I play those chords, especially those seventh chords, so I can reach all the notes in the chord. Anyway, I started a few years ago. I've been teaching myself by using various adult beginner piano courses, mainly focusing on the chord play style of learning. I found Playground Sessions and thought it might be great to try to learn to play from both the treble and bass clefs. I'm really enjoying the course so far and since I started a few years ago, my appreciation for piano/keyboard music has grown. I have an eclectic taste in music that ranges from guys like Billy Preston and Booker T. Jones, Elton John, Billy Joel, Rick Wakeman to contemporary guys like Jordan Rudess, Nimar (not sure if this is a person or not, but I love the track "Alien Stranger" with its haunting minor sound...actually I love the entire album Alien Stranger). I could go on but I'll stop. Anyway, great to meet everyone and I'm looking forward to progressing through all the fantastic bootcamps. Take it easy.

David McDonald