Hello from the Czech Republic

Introduce yourself to the Playground Community.
pjiricka

Hello from the Czech Republic

Post by pjiricka » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:29 pm

I am 43, and a total piano beginner. I play saxophone, but can't play that at 10pm or 11pm, as I would wake up the children. One day I would like to be able to play Got a Match? by Chick Corea, or some pieces by Herbie Hancock, John Medeski or Niacin. Clearly I have lots of work ahead of me ;)

Good luck to all the piano learners!

Petr

sw1tch73ch

Re: Hello from the Czech Republic

Post by sw1tch73ch » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:29 pm

Good luck! There is a forum "group" for adding specific songs. I don't see "Got A Match" in the song store, so you could add this to the requests if you haven't already.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

Mach13

Post by Mach13 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:13 am

Hi Pjirika
Good to see new people coming in. There appear to be lots of members, but few posting on the forums. I cant think why, coz when I get to the point where my fingers dont work I come onto the forums to take a break. My finger must get more tired than most.. or maybe I have a very short attention span.. :roll: Either way I'll be good to hear how you progress.
Keep plugging away coz...Progtid makd parfit, Pradtic mskes Pwrfegt, Practicd makez parfait, Praktiss maykes perfekt -keeping at it really works! eventually! :roll:

Paolo

Post by Paolo » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:41 am

Hi Petr,
My name is Paul and I'm in Australia, aged 56 !!!! and also brand new to piano. I took my first Bootcamp lesson of Playground Sessions yesterday, second one today. Previously I've played a tiny bit of guitar - just a small bunch of chords and a couple of basic picking patterns - so you are no doubt well ahead of me musically if you're a sax player. I live a busy life but am hoping to treat the piano like a long term hobby with a moment of time-out each day. Best wishes to you and I'm encouraged that someone else is starting out. You thought you'd be the oldest,right Petr? hahaha, not so! Any others starting out?