Another "Guitarist" turning to keys Yey!

Introduce yourself to the Playground Community.
Mach13

Another "Guitarist" turning to keys Yey!

Post by Mach13 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:39 am

Hi folks, just getting started today.

I've been playing acoustic guitar since 2012 (ish). Mainly to accompany myself for my love of songwriting. I play fingerpicked style (which I love... BUT.... I'm not that technically proficient.. especially with Barr chords.

I bought myself a Yamaha PSR-E443 back in 2014 to use as a midi controller for adding "musical STUFF" to my song recordings. I've long thought about just learning piano/keyboard as a way of branching out and trying to become more of a proficient 'musician' (note small m).

Don't really read music -Yet! :)

Got some basic idea of what chords are on the keyboard - but that's mostly it ;)

Its all about Practice Right? ;) ;)

Ultimately - What I'm looking to do is learn how to create piano music as an accompaniment to my own songs.

Any advice sincerely appreciated in terms of lesson types

Lookin forward to getting started :geek:
Keep plugging away coz...Progtid makd parfit, Pradtic mskes Pwrfegt, Practicd makez parfait, Praktiss maykes perfekt -keeping at it really works! eventually! :roll:

sw1tch73ch

Re: Another "Guitarist" turning to keys Yey!

Post by sw1tch73ch » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:34 pm

Hi - .... again! Mach!

You nailed it. It's about the Chords. BUT! The thing about Chords is you need to understand Scales. I've already added a few replies your other messages with my thoughts, so let me just here say Welcome!
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

Mach13

Re: Another "Guitarist" turning to keys Yey!

Post by Mach13 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:18 am

Cheers sw1tch,
I think i'm all caught up on your messages thanks... tho not sure i got em in the right order. :)

BTW I did get a free 3 month sub to 'Flowkeys' which does appear to offer songs for accompaniment to learn. albeit I prefer the playground system to learn from as I tend to use a midi keyboard for the pratice and 'Flowkeys' relies upon a mic to pick up my playing ;)

Glad of your comments as it seems a tad quiet on these forums :| perhaps it's the time of year :D
Keep plugging away coz...Progtid makd parfit, Pradtic mskes Pwrfegt, Practicd makez parfait, Praktiss maykes perfekt -keeping at it really works! eventually! :roll: