Hello from Hawaii

Introduce yourself to the Playground Community.
alisabobisa86

Hello from Hawaii

Post by alisabobisa86 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:07 pm

Aloha,

This year my wife and I really want to learn to play the piano. We honestly have no expeierance, but are highly motivated to learn. We also have 2 toddlers, so getting the chance to play as much as we can is difficult be we give each other time to practice. I have two questions, first are we able to search for songs in the song library? Second, I want to learn to play the song Rainbow Connection from The Mupperts for my sons, but can't find it. Anyway to request new songs to add?

Thank you and good luck to everyone!
Brown Ohana

sw1tch73ch

Re: Hello from Hawaii

Post by sw1tch73ch » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:57 pm

1 - make sure the toddlers are around to see you playing and enjoying the piano. You want them to hear and be comfortable around the instrument. One of the things about learning music is that early exposure to music of a variety of types (Classical, Rock, Pop, etc.) will put patterns in their brains that will do wonderful things for them. One of the things about "perfect pitch" is that you have to develop it very young -- it's like learning a language, you pick up the tones and patterns of music nearly automatically as a toddler - but an adult has a very difficult time developing perfect pitch.

2 - You can search now if you use the Web based Music Store (Control-F). https://www.playgroundsessions.com/store/songs
.. hopefully they will eventually get search working in the app too, but I've done all my song searches and purchases via the web page. Make sure to log into your playground account.

3 - There is a place here in the forums to request songs: I think this is it: https://forums.playgroundsessions.com/viewforum.php?f=4

Out side the forums is: bit.ly/pgsongrequest

I love the "Rainbow Connection" - that would be a great add.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --