May 2018 - 1980s Rock Challenge...

Introduce yourself to the Playground Community.
sw1tch73ch

May 2018 - 1980s Rock Challenge...

Post by sw1tch73ch » Thu May 10, 2018 11:15 pm

In the Facebook "Playground Sessions Community" we are having a challenge for May to Learn and Upload a "vintage" Rock song. If Facebook isn't your thing, and I can't blame you there, don't worry because you aren't required to use Facebook to get everything you need from Playground Sessions. But If you do use Facebook, you should checkout our community. We post videos of ourselves performing lessons and songs semi regularly, and this challenge will potentially add a number of videos of students "Just Like You" using Playground and having a great time (ignore how serious we look on video - there is something wrong with camera technology these days and it makes us all look grumpy.... ;-)

Also look for the YouTube videos that the Playground Sessions team puts up. There is some nice "introductory" lessons to get you started.

Anyway, for my 1980's song (I don't suppose they have to all be rock, but most seem to be) is Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'" - of course all the songs are in the Music Store, so I grabbed the Rookie - Moderate copy. Sadly, I don't think there is a way to cross post the videos to the forums here, so if you want to see and hear how we did, you'll have to check out our videos on Facebook.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

andrewwegierski

Re: May 2018 - 1980s Rock Challenge...

Post by andrewwegierski » Fri May 11, 2018 2:21 pm

Word.

The Playground Sessions Community is a public Facebook group, so anybody should be able to view posts with a link. Feel free to share direct links to Facebook videos here!
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Fri May 11, 2018 9:10 pm

When I've uploaded my video to Facebook, I'll post the link and see how that works, then. I think it would be great to share our progress in both communities. Not everyone is a fan of Facebook and may not want an account there, and not everyone on Facebook will visit here (partially because the forums lay fallow for a good while, which I hope is changing now, thank you, Andrew).
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Sat May 12, 2018 10:56 am

It certainly is! Hope to see the communities both grow.
Andrew Wegierski

Music Arranger

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Tue May 22, 2018 9:42 pm

I promised a link address when I put up my challenge video. I only did a segment (one of the options of the challenge) because I haven't gotten to full tempo yet on the full song. Here is that segment: https://www.facebook.com/john.sandlin.3 ... pe=2&ifg=1

Facebook makes such long links, and I'm not entirely sure if the link works without logging into Facebook... we'll find out together!

-- jbs --

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Wed May 23, 2018 10:28 am

It worked, John! Awesome job.
Andrew Wegierski

Music Arranger

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Thu May 31, 2018 10:25 am

OK, Update time: There is now a full length video of me messing up.... I mean playing the whole song "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey. For some reason I got a bad case of "Camera Nerves" this time around (probably because I wanted to play it well so much that I tried too hard). Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/john.sandlin.3 ... pe=2&ifg=1

-- jbs --