Casio Celvano attaching to ipad

Introduce yourself to the Playground Community.
RosemayFoote

Casio Celvano attaching to ipad

Post by RosemayFoote » Wed May 16, 2018 3:01 am

I would like to connect an ipad to my older style Casio Celviano piano. It does not have a USB port however I have a Roland Duo-Capture Mk2 Usb Audio Interface 2-Ch Input. I can connect this to the piano and there is another port to which I can plug in a cord that has a USB on the other end. I am wondering how to connect this with the ipad? And then if this will work? Thank you

andrewwegierski

Re: Casio Celvano attaching to ipad

Post by andrewwegierski » Wed May 16, 2018 10:08 am

Does your Casio have MIDI in/out plugs? That's another option.

With an almost infinite number of set ups possible regarding audio interfaces, we have no way of assuring users that it will work 100%, but you can certainly give it a try. Some have had success, others have had trouble.

Can you describe the set up in more detail? I.e., what cable is going from the keyboard to the interface? What ports are on the interface? MIDI, or USB (square?). Let me know.

If you've got a regular looking USB on the other end of the cable coming from the interface, you can plug that into this official Apple lightning to USB camera adapter: http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD821 ... ra-adapter. Note: it is important that you purchase the official adapter, as 3rd party versions often cause problems for users.
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com