Hello from Kentucky!

Introduce yourself to the Playground Community.
Steinway23M

Hello from Kentucky!

Post by Steinway23M » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:59 pm

Hello from Kentucky! I just joined Playground Sessions! I am excited to rekindle my love for the piano and the fragments of my music skills that have become a little rusty! When I was about 11 years old my grandmother bought me a console piano and paid for lessons. I used to spend many summer afternoons playing her old upright piano. She believed in me and gave me the encouragement I needed. I went on to play for church, weddings, funerals, other engagements over the years -- and like many of us, life's circumstances just gets in the way of creativity! Now this near 55 year old brain is ready to pickup those creative juices and put them back to use!

I am especially enthused as I purchased a 1923 Steinway & Sons Model M piano that is undergoing a complete restoration! I had Young-Chang Bergman grand piano years ago that I sold and replaced with an 88 hammerd action key digital piano -- so I plan to put this keyboard to good use and bring my learning curve up to the Steinway someday!

Any encouragement, suggestions, ideas or other thoughts are welcome!

Brian

andrewwegierski

Re: Hello from Kentucky!

Post by andrewwegierski » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:23 pm

Welcome, Brian!

I always love reading our user's personal stories. That's awesome that you're back to learning piano. I know you'll have a great experience with Playground!

Do you have a Facebook profile? You should join our Playground Sessions Community here if you haven't already: https://www.facebook.com/groups/playgroundsessions/

You'll be able to engage with fellow Playground users, and the Playground staff!

Best,
Andrew
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

sugarytn

Post by sugarytn » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:43 am

Steinway23M wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:59 pm
Hello from Kentucky! I just joined Playground Sessions! I am excited to rekindle my love for the piano and the fragments of my music skills that have become a little rusty! When I was about 11 years old my grandmother bought me a console piano and paid for lessons. I used to spend many summer afternoons playing her old upright piano. She believed in me and gave me the encouragement I needed. I went on to play for church, weddings, funerals, other engagements over the years -- and like many of us, life's circumstances just gets in the way of creativity! Now this near 55 year old brain is ready to pickup those creative juices and put them back to use!

I am especially enthused as I purchased a 1923 Steinway & Sons Model M piano that is undergoing a complete restoration! I had Young-Chang Bergman grand piano years ago that I sold and replaced with an 88 hammerd action key digital piano -- so I plan to put this keyboard to good use and bring my learning curve up to the Steinway someday!

Any encouragement, suggestions, ideas or other thoughts are welcome!

Brian
wow,that is great story.

seattmone

Post by seattmone » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:04 am

andrewwegierski wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:23 pm
Welcome, Brian!

I always love reading our user's personal stories. That's awesome that you're back to learning piano. I know you'll have a great experience with Playground!

Do you have a Facebook profile? You should join our Playground Sessions Community here if you haven't already: https://www.facebook.com/groups/playgroundsessions/

You'll be able to engage with fellow Playground users, and the Playground staff!

Best,
Andrew
thanks for the link