old Yamaha p-80

Introduce yourself to the Playground Community.
jkaartt

old Yamaha p-80

Post by jkaartt » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:20 pm

Hi, Im new to the forum and wanted to know if the playground program could be comparable with my older Yamaha electric piano. It does not have any outlets for anything bluetooth, etc. I won't buy a new one but like the playground software. I have had 7 yrs of piano lessons as a youngster, and recently a year of lessons. Anyone have any info that helps me figure out what my options are?????.I have a photo of the side of the Yamaha if you need it. but I have had this one for more than 10 yrs I think

andrewwegierski

Re: old Yamaha p-80

Post by andrewwegierski » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:53 pm

A photo would be good. Send me any connection options it has.

andrew@playgroundsessions.com
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

sw1tch73ch

Re: old Yamaha p-80

Post by sw1tch73ch » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:22 pm

On the back (well, the side actually) of your P-80 you have two MIDI ports. You can use something like the Roland UM-ONE mk2 or the Yamaha UX16 USB to MIDI adapters. What kind of computer are you going to connect to? A reasonably modern PC or Mac will recognize the UM-ONE out of the box and get you up and running quickly. On an iPad Tablet you'll need an additional cable - the Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter.

Your P-80 will be a great way to learn piano.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --