Hello From Queensland Australia!

Introduce yourself to the Playground Community.
dacapo

Hello From Queensland Australia!

Post by dacapo » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:50 pm

Hi!
I recently bought a Yamaha-P125 for my daughter to start piano lessons. I've been told that if I also play regularly that it will encourage her to practice (we will see!)

I stopped piano lessons when I was 13... when my mum told me I didn't practice enough! So here I am, re-learning to play the piano. I'm doing a 7 day trial at the moment. I was thinking of trying a few different applications to get an idea of which I like best, but I have already bought several songs. I really like how they step you through each part.

Very much enjoying playground so far. I hope I can stick to it this time to be a good example for my 6 year old!

Judex

Re: Hello From Queensland Australia!

Post by Judex » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:30 am

Hi,

I've been poking around in various piano-related blogs looking for suggestions and stumbled upon a blog for piano teachers discussing "retention rates" - how long students stick with lessons or a given teacher. The importance of the parents' role was something I hadn't considered, but most of the replies mentioned it, and some of the teachers thought it was so important that they require a parent to be present during the kid's lessons, so it sounds like you've got the right idea about supporting your little girl. Another random fact - four years of music lessons mean an average of 40 points on the SAT's (Student Apptitude Test taken for college applications). Anyway, good luck to you both,

andrewwegierski

Re: Hello From Queensland Australia!

Post by andrewwegierski » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:06 pm

Welcome!
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com