Oldster in Pittsburgh totally loving this already!

Introduce yourself to the Playground Community.
jdmaa11

Oldster in Pittsburgh totally loving this already!

Post by jdmaa11 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:53 am

In my early 60s and played woodwinds as a kid, with some piano and theory in college and some piano 30 years ago, though at that time all I had was a 60-key synth with "organ action". Probably never got beyond beginning intermediate. Took some guitar about 10 years ago.

Before last week I could still do a one octave C scale with my right hand. posting.php?mode=post&f=55#

Sooo... last week got a Roland FP-30. 88 keys, weighted, graduated action. Faux ivory touch. Great sound with a combination of sampling and digital modeling, plus $100 off on a sale.

And got a year of Playground Sessions.

I love it already. As I can read music and know the keyboard I'm cruising through the rookie bootcamp pretty easily at 100% for most and am at lesson 40.

I really like it is actual music notation and not the "falling notes" thing. Really like how you can toggle finger numbering and note names on and off. Also like how you can just play it as sheet music, without any beat or accompaniment-- a more traditional way of learning a piece. Haven't needed to slow down the tempo yet. The scrolling of the sheet music works well without causing a distraction-- there haven't been any glitches with graphics or sound that I've noticed. Definitely like the real time feedback, especially when I'm late!

Read in another post that two octave scales, arpeggios and other finger exercises are coming. Kind of surprised that all isn't already here, and so am definitely looking forward to that. It would be great if you could map the play/pause button to a sustain pedal or button on the digital piano.

andrewwegierski

Re: Oldster in Pittsburgh totally loving this already!

Post by andrewwegierski » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:42 pm

Welcome!! Glad you're enjoying PGS so much. If you run into any issues or have questions please email support@playgroundsessions.com

Andrew
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com