Hello from Charleston SC

Introduce yourself to the Playground Community.
jeansaint65

Hello from Charleston SC

Post by jeansaint65 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:06 pm

Hello all, I have been circling the Playground sessions for awhile while debating to myself whether I want to give it a go as I am looking for a new hobby to try out. I was at a friend's house last week and she showed me her piano skills (She has been playing for years and is excellent). I decided that I want to give it a go and bought a Yamaha PSR-EW300 SA and signed up for the lessons. I don't hope to match her skills anytime soon but I am excited about being able to play recognizable tunes and especially look forward to eventually playing some of the classical stuff (Fur Elise and Ode to Joy) as well as some of the rock stuff (Sounds of Silence and Don't Stop Believing). I am excited to start the journey and should be up and running by this weekend.
How long of following the lessons and practicing before you guys felt like you were making progress? I have almost no musical background other than a year of guitar in High school a very long time ago. I come from a very creative family but more along the lines of drawing, painting, etc so music is a new journey for me. looking forward to diving in

Amos

Re: Hello from Charleston SC

Post by Amos » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:40 pm

@jeansaint65 Welcome! I literally felt like I'm making progress after each lesson, especially at the last chapter of each lesson. I’m at Rookie Tour Lesson 46 now. Maybe because I had zero musical background – literally a piano beginner. I’m not sure if I should hope you feel the same way, but I do hope you have a good progress, enjoy! BTW, I love Charleston, it’s so beautiful there! Cuban Gypsy Pantry is my favorite restaurant in the town. Amos

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:30 pm

Welcome!
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

AstroMan4567

Post by AstroMan4567 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:08 pm

Hi Jean! Welcome to the forum!

I've had nothing but fun and frustration on the Playground Sessions rookie course. As with anything you want to learn in life, there will be struggles. However, if you keep your nose to the grindstone, it will pay off. One of the things that I love about Playground Sessions is that there's a wide variety of music. For example, I never thought I'd be playing the 'Game Of Thrones' theme song. I was stuck on that song for a bit, but when I finished I felt like I was on the throne. Have fun and stick with it is all I can say.