Hello from the coastal Redwoods, near Santa Cruz, CA

Introduce yourself to the Playground Community.
Csmarkham

Hello from the coastal Redwoods, near Santa Cruz, CA

Post by Csmarkham » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:31 am

Howdy all,

I’m Chris, new member for a couple of weeks now. Just getting started on the piano at age 59. I took Cello and Viola lessons as a kid, not past grade school, noodled around with guitar most of my early adulthood, and am now back to (re)learning music seriously. I just want to be able to entertain myself and play some of the American Songbook. Some jazz improv on the side, maybe, after some years of practice. Something to do in retirement :D

Best of luck to all the musicians here, keep practicing regularly, enjoy the little successes along the way, remember why you’re here!

—Chris

SJunior22

Re: Hello from the coastal Redwoods, near Santa Cruz, CA

Post by SJunior22 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:50 am

Welcome Chris!

Good luck to you as well on your journey to learning the piano for whatever your heart yearns to play.

I'm in my 40s learning Piano (I play Drums and Bass Guitar as well) and I think Playground Sessions is the best on the market to learning the piano competently. I've been using Playground Sessions for a few years now and it keeps getting better and better. Believe it or not, there were fewer lessions a few years back when I started and now, the bootcamps and courses are much bigger and better. There is so much to do in order to becoming the pianist you desire.

I'm angling to play classical then move to blues/jazz. So far, Playground Sessions is making that very possible. I agree, Practice, practice, practice and then practice when you dont want to. Enjoy the journey and I hope you razzle and dazzle those near with your wonderful jazz someday soon!

andrewwegierski

Re: Hello from the coastal Redwoods, near Santa Cruz, CA

Post by andrewwegierski » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:12 am

Welcome!
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com