Hello from Ossining NY

Introduce yourself to the Playground Community.
markk16

Hello from Ossining NY

Post by markk16 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:24 am

Hello fellow students. I'm married and 61 years old, and coming back to playground sessions in this time of COVID uncertainty. Finding this a great way to make a rewarding and productive use of the extra spare time at home, especially since do the quarantine, I can no longer play tennis which is one of my passions. I had taken a few years of flute lessons in HS and know how to read music, but always struggled with the counting and time signatures. Have made my way up to less 35 in boot camp and really grateful for the quality of instruction at playground sessions which is filling in gaps in my musicality. Living in the NY metro my wife and I have been blessed to see some great music and continue to be amazed by the joy I see in older musicians, and think its a beautiful way to stay sharp. Once had the good fortune to see legendary musician, Bucky Pizzarelli at age 80, in a small club in Peekskill with a Bass player in his 90's and an impromptu jam session develop with other senior musicians, NY and was overwhelmed by the performance. Happy to join the community and wishing good health and fortune to all of us throughout this difficult time. Kind regards, Mark

andrewwegierski

Re: Hello from Ossining NY

Post by andrewwegierski » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:20 am

Welcome, Mark!
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com