Hello from sunny Surrey, UK!

Introduce yourself to the Playground Community.
MiddleC

Re: Hello from sunny Surrey, UK!

Post by MiddleC » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:39 pm

Mike83 wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:47 am
...im strugglong to get 100% - i am playing each note correct buut as the count down starts you get a red mark? closet i have had even on rookie easy is 96%any ideas?

how are you finding the courses and value of the course?#
#Thanks
Mike
Hello everyone...I'm living in Florida in the U.S. I did visit the UK a few years ago, on business. I worked for Hill's Pet Nutrition, and they had an office in London area. Also went to Ettenleur Holland where they have 1 of their manufacturing plants.

One person commented that the red mark at the beginning sounded like maybe latency. In my case, occasionally I get a red mark on the correct note when I start, but in my case I'm sure it is becasue I'm not starting exactly on count.

I've got just of 30 hours in practice using the Playground...so I'm certainly a newbie. Three months of free lessons came with the Yamaha I purchased, but I did not like them. The main issue was that it does not hook up to othe keyboard to directly get what you are playing. So, it would not work great on knowing what I was doing. It may have been a shortcoming with the built in microphone on myi laptop. But once I came over here, and it hooked up via midi on my laptop, I never went back to the other. I am very happy with the lessons here.

I plan to add to my learning schedule some Youtube stuff.

dclinton02126

Re: Hello from sunny Surrey, UK!

Post by dclinton02126 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:41 pm

Loved this "
badcat99 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:14 am
Taking advantage of lockdown to finally get back to my digital piano. Bought it in 2011, then started working in London and really haven't layed hands on it since! I was really hoping there would be a lesson on Motley Crue's Home Sweet Home and there isn't...and the song request forum seems to be locked, what's that all about? Anyway - hi!"