Hi - new pianist, enjoying PS this summer!

Introduce yourself to the Playground Community.
nate_nyc

Hi - new pianist, enjoying PS this summer!

Post by nate_nyc » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:27 am

Hi everyone, its Nate, I live in New York City, and I am a new pianist and PS member this summer. I am a musician, singer songwriter guitarist and I found myself starting to listen to classical piano every day during the shelter in place order in the spring. it reminded me of how much I loved listening to my father play piano as a kid. I bought a Roland HP in early June as a birthday present and have launched into learning the instrument and PS has been the main tool. Upto #40 in intermediate bootcamp. the songs are like puzzles now, but with practice it comes. Particularly enjoyed the Mozart sicialiana major sonata just completed. I want to learn Beethoven Pathetique Sonata too. anyway, It's a great way to take advantage of the extra time and social distancing situation. I am away from NYC for the summer at a family house luckily (only my son playing fortnite and my wife downstairs watching movies at night so lots of free time). I come back to NY in august, where I will set up the piano in our apartment (and I guess start playing with headphones!) Nate