New and confused

Introduce yourself to the Playground Community.
Grumby70

New and confused

Post by Grumby70 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:13 am

Hello from Belgium.
Should I opt for yearly subscription or lifetime?

FlatPanda

Re: New and confused

Post by FlatPanda » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:25 am

Hi and welcome :)

That's entirely up to you and your expectations!

Back of the envelope calculation: yearly subscription costs 119.88$/year, lifetime costs 289.99$ once. This means that if you plan to use PGS actively for more than 2.41 years (roughly 2 years and 5 months), you break even with the lifetime subscription.

If you want to get more theoretical about it, the other difference is that in the yearly subscription you get 5 free songs each month, whilst in the lifetime subscription you get 40 free songs. This means that after 8 months, theoretically you can have more free songs than with the lifetime subscription. A song costs 1.99$. This would mean that the yearly subscription costs 4.8$/year (9.99$/mo - 5 * 1.99$/mo = 0.40$/mo), in case you always use your 5 free songs per month (which you won't, trust me! Otherwise the pricing would be different ;) ), and the lifetime costs a mere 209.99$.

I personally chose the lifetime subscription: no haste, I know that I'm in for the long run, and I need time to work on songs, I didn't even use 1 song credit from the 40 I have in 8 months... I'm still working on the bootcamps, courses, and the occasional free song (free in the store, not free from my song credits).

Cheers

AnExpatWife

Re: New and confused

Post by AnExpatWife » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:18 am

Hello !!

I'm a real newbie too, both to piano and PGS. For me it was a no brainer. I went straight in with the lifetime membership. a lot of the style of music I want to learn is free - classical, and so I'm sure the 40 free songs will last a REALLY long time. the challenge an the bootcamp alongside the new course I just 'released' are more than enough to be getting on with.... and I'm doing 3 hours a day at the moment...