Hello from Switzerland

Introduce yourself to the Playground Community.
AnExpatWife

Hello from Switzerland

Post by AnExpatWife » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:31 am

When I looked back and thought about the missed opportunities in my life, learning to play an instrument was definately one of them.

My school had a fabulous music department but I was a stubborn teenager and just refused to learn... I also refused to learn Spanish and French but that's another story, and since I now live in Switzerland I have to learn to write and speak German :lol:

Anyway here I am at 50 and I decided to stretch my brain and learn to play the piano.
I bought a Yamaha Arius keyboard and now I've subscribed to PGS for life and I'm starting my journey

So far its going quite well and I'm enjoying being able to at least play a few strung together notes and I can already see 'some' progress..... I'm really enjoying this style of learning. I'm even taking part in the Bach Challenge !!

Have a great day everyone and if you are doing the challenge too - Good Luck

FlatPanda

Re: Hello from Switzerland

Post by FlatPanda » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:07 pm

Grüezi wohl!

Fellow expat living in CH here, also pushing keys on an Arius since 8 months. Still happy with the machinery :)

Have fun and you'll get better for sure!

AnExpatWife

Re: Hello from Switzerland

Post by AnExpatWife » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:14 am

Gruüzi !!

So far so good...I'm LOVING the Bach challenge and its really quite easy to follow along. Im doing the rookie and also started doing the intermediate alongside it for a bit more of a challenge as practice.... although I'm not sure my neighbours agree :)