Hello from Vermont USA

Introduce yourself to the Playground Community.
kayakfamily

Hello from Vermont USA

Post by kayakfamily » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:55 pm

Hi gang! After 2 years of using PGS I have finally clicked on forums.

I am a fairly slow learner, so after 25 months I am on level 61 finishing the intermediate levels. Prior to PGS I used two other apps and finished them in a few months. It was fairly disappointing. I feel pretty lucky to have found PGS.

I use a 32-inch screen that is connected to a laptop. For me, the size makes the music seem less intimidating. I don't think I need to go any bigger, but I wouldn't go smaller either. Some people think it looks like my grandson’s music lesson book, Teaching Little Fingers to Play, but it works for me.

I just found the button to have the computer play like it is the piano. I should have taken my time and read the directions much earlier. I am not sure I would have understood the lessons on syncopation without finding this Piano Demo button.

I love when I can print out the music and play it on one of the acoustic pianos we have.

During our C-19 lockdown, I think PGS saved my sanity. I used to travel 3 to 4 days a week for work. Now I am Zooming from home and without PGS I think I would have been lost for something to do.

I still don’t play for anyone. As I feel more confident I might try to play for family. Right now, I am enjoying the app by myself. When my wife is listening, I hesitate to play the same lesson for the 30th time.

I have not needed tech support often, but when I have contacted PGS, they have been extremely helpful, professional and fast. How fortunate are we?

I am looking forward to hearing from other PGS students.

-Scott Noyes

Andy

Re: Hello from Vermont USA

Post by Andy » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:48 pm

Hello Scott from another Vermonter! (I'm in Wilder) -- I'm just a beginner, at it for about 3 months and am using a 19" monitor and thinking of going larger; good to hear that a 32 isn't too big.
Glad you discovered the Forums - they're a great source of information and encouragement.

Andy

kayakfamily

Re: Hello from Vermont USA

Post by kayakfamily » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:27 am

Hey Andy,

OK, you know I had to look up Wilder. The photos on-line look beautiful. It is fun to know there is another Vermonter on Playground!

I just bought my 6-year-old grandson a PGS membership for Christmas. I also take him to weekly piano lessons. He is progressing faster than I did when I started. He likes playing the keyboard, but loves playing an acoustic piano even more. The louder the better for him. Ug.

Just a quick question, if you have a minute. I probably should contact PGS or post it somewhere. Sometimes when a note is being held over two bars, I get it marked wrong in the second bar, like I wasn't hold the note down long enough. I have rebooted the keyboard, the laptop, unplugged and replugged the wires, even the monitor (although I know that has nothing to do with it). Has this happened to you? On the good side, it makes me want to redo it, because I want to get 100%. ;-)

-Scott