Hi from New Zealand

Introduce yourself to the Playground Community.
DougMc

Hi from New Zealand

Post by DougMc » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:23 am

Always wanted to learn to play music but instead there was always something else that needed my time. Now on reaching retirement I decided to purchase a Yamaha 660 and with a 24" monitor in place of a music stand, I am in the music world!

Started in the boot camp and immediately discovered the connection between my brain and fingers 2, 3 and 4 seemed to get its wires crossed. But perseverance and regular practice pays off. The wiring is now almost the way it should be. So my message to other new starts, be patient and keep at it.

Really enjoying Playground and the way it helps my progress.

EFlatMajor

Re: Hi from New Zealand

Post by EFlatMajor » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:05 am

Hello Doug, welcome to the club.

One thing is for certain in learning to play the piano - no one does it quickly.

What you are experiencing with your fingers has happened to all of us. Just keep at it and you'll be fine.

Use the search tool at the top right of this screen and search on the word "practice". There are hundreds of posts that will help you develop your own method for practicing, one that works best for you.

Also, PGS has a great YouTube channel with dozens of "How-To" and online lesson videos. Plus a weekly live streamed lesson.

These forums are mostly end users, so if you have any questions just post them here and you'll get some good responses from other users doing the same thing.

Good luck.