I want to introduce myself

Introduce yourself to the Playground Community.
Skyp1e

I want to introduce myself

Post by Skyp1e » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:02 pm

I'm not really sure how to go about this. I guess I'm not the typical patron for this online piano course. I started teaching myself how to play piano at around 13. I'll be 56 in 5 days.

I'm not new to piano and I have played professionally in bar bands in the past. I hope that doesn't come off as braggy or anything. I understand that most of the people reading this either just started out or were novices when they made the plunge to start using a course like this.

The thing is I don't think I've done much to improve over the last twenty years or so. For personal reasons private live instruction isn't really an option for me so I decided to gift myself some online instruction as a birthday present in hopes of sharpening my skills.

I shopped around for quite a while before I landed on Playground Sessions and so far I am very satisfied with my choice.

I have elected to start out with the "rookie" boot camp and work my way up as if I knew nothing at all. I figure this way I'll break any bad habits that I may have developed and fill in some holes having been self taught. I expect I'll learn plenty in spite of my experience with piano/keyboards.

Thanks for giving me this opportunity to share with you all.

EFlatMajor

Re: I want to introduce myself

Post by EFlatMajor » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:14 pm

Hi Skyp1e,

Welcome to the club. You seem to be right on target with what you are doing and what your goal is. I agree that starting at the beginning is the best way to go, some lessons may be painfully easy, but I found that there are a lot of little tidbits of help in the lessons and videos on topics that I thought I already knew.

Let me give you a quick overview of things you will want to know about PGS.
1 - If you have a subscription that includes free song credits each month, be sure to use them all during the month as they do not roll over.
2 - PGS has a great YouTube channel. Many, many instructional videos and also some live lessons with Phil. The live lessons are once a month. Subscribe to their channel so you'll get alerts. Most of the videos are intermediate to advanced skill range.
3 - Almost every question you can think of already has an answer here. So, use the search box at the top and look for an answer before posting a question.
4 - These boards are almost exclusively end users, so if you have technical issues with MIDI or your computer or the app itself, be sure to send email to customer support:
support@playgroundsessions.com

Welcome again and good luck with the program.

TorillWenche

Post by TorillWenche » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:45 am

Hello guys, i'm new here and i love music so much. I think this forum will be of great help to me. The love of the music is the one that has directed to this forum.

shown

Post by shown » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:16 am

Hi there I am new here and I am glad to meet you all and I hope there is lot of things to learn and gain some knowledge.