Trying to Learn at 71

Introduce yourself to the Playground Community.
Fatts Henry

Trying to Learn at 71

Post by Fatts Henry » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:50 pm

Hello all I have just finished my 2 week Intro. I finished Module 11 in the Rookie Tour and, I completed Day 3 of the Rookie course of the Entertainer and I am loving it. I’m going on 72 years old and thought I would never learn to play music. I tried to learn guitar but my arthritis nixed that plan. Now my hopes are alive again. My setup is a Casio CTK 5000 and an HP Spectre 360, which I fold flat and lay it against the music desk. I tried to use my iPad but the inability to zoom into the page has forced me to only use my iPad with my 25 key Arturia minilab MK2. In my waning years my only goal is to be able to make beautiful music. Please wish me Luck.

Peace and Love,
Fatts

EFlatMajor

Re: Trying to Learn at 71

Post by EFlatMajor » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:12 am

Hello Fatts - welcome to the club. A LOT of adult learners here, so you'll have plenty of support here in the forums. A number of people have found that doing the course "Reading Music - Staff Notation (Rookie)", at the beginning of the rookie bootcamp helps a lot.

Good luck!

Fatts Henry

Re: Trying to Learn at 71

Post by Fatts Henry » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:34 pm

@EFlatMajor, thanks for the reply. As a matter of fact, I did begin the Reading Music course and I am enjoying that course as well. I feel that I am totally immersed in music right now. This is great Fun!!!

Regards,
Fatts