Beta Now Available

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for Android tablets
mimifon

Re: Beta Now Available

Postby mimifon » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:49 pm

I downloaded the beta version to my Galaxy Tab A, but the program isnt recognizing my Casio CTK-3200. Any advice? And any suggestions for which USB cable I should use to connect? I ordered a micro-USB to B type cable from Amazon, but that might be the issue. Thanks for any suggestions!

sw1tch73ch

Postby sw1tch73ch » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:49 am

You'll need to be sure the cable you use is specifically an On-The-Go (OTG) cable. I've used my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 with an OTG cable to connect to my small Yamaha PSR-E343.

The USB-To-Host port on your keyboard also needs to be "USB MIDI Class Compliant." Many Yamaha keyboards are not, including the digital piano I use with Playground Sessions (with which I'm using a Windows 7 computer). I'm not as familiar with the Casio keyboards, but the web page for your CTK-3200 indicates that it is, so you're in luck there.

My bet is on the OTG cable.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

trevorrg22

Postby trevorrg22 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:34 pm

The beta version didn't work with this Tablet
It UK 10.1" Quad Core, Google Android Lollipop Tablet PC (16GB HDD, 1GB RAM, HDMI, WIFI, Bluetooth, OTG, Octa Core GPU) - Black

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... Asin_Title

arajoo

Postby arajoo » Mon May 01, 2017 6:04 pm

Connected Android App with Privia PX-750 using USB OTG Cable on Samsung Galaxy Tab A running Marshmallow 6.0.1. When I play the keys on the piano with the app, the audio is played on the Tablet instead. Anyway to get the audio to remain played on the Piano?

Twebified

Postby Twebified » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:01 pm

Any update on when older versions of android will be supported? I have a Galaxy View and marshmellow is not supported on it.

nedrahej

Postby nedrahej » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:15 pm

Is the android app going to be placed on the play store when the bugs get worked out?

nedrahej

Postby nedrahej » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:47 am

Well, I finally got this to install, but the problem lies with this irig keys keyboard.

thomas1018
Site Admin

Postby thomas1018 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:47 pm

There will be no updates to the Android beta for a while. I will post the same response as I posted elsewhere in the forum.

On Memorial Day, our head of technology tragically passed away trying to save a young girl from drowning in a river in Utah. We are working to hire a new developer to fill in for him. It is an important role so it's going to take some time to find the right replacement. Our expectation is it's also going to take the new developer (or team of developers) to get familiar enough with the entire program before we start to push new builds to fix bugs and add new features.

Return to “Android (Beta)”