Beta Now Available

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for Android tablets
seant23
Site Admin

Beta Now Available

Postby seant23 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:30 pm

Playground Sessions on Android Tablets!

Hello,

We are excited to open up our Android beta version to the public today. This is just a beta, so there will most definitely be a few bugs/glitches. If you run into any issues, then please report your device type, android version (nougat, lollipop, marshmallow) and details on the issue you are experiencing. The best place to report these issues is our new Android Forum, so everybody can keep up to date on progress of fixes and work arounds.

To download the early access version of Playground for Android, you can download the app here:

Click here on your Android Tablet to Download the Latest Stable Release

Once we are more confident in the stability of our Android version we will start releasing the app on the Google Play Store.

You will need to allow apps from unknown sources on your tablet:
  • Go to Settings -> Security
  • Check the option Unknown sources
  • Tap OK on the prompt message

Special Note: Device Limit

All Android testers will be gifted an extra install. Please email support@playgroundsessions.com and they will increase your device limit to 3 (normally 2), so you'll be able to test without having to remove Playground from another device.

Special Note #2: Android Phones

This version of Playground will install on Android phones, however we do not support phones. So if it works and you like it, then great, but if it doesn't work well on your phone, then sorry but we are only supporting tablets for now. We have future plans to have both a iPhone and Android phone version of Playground that will make better use of the smaller screens, so stay tuned.

sw1tch73ch

Re: Beta Now Available

Postby sw1tch73ch » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:41 pm

I've got it installed now, and testing with my keyboards. I have an older digital piano that isn't talking to the app (which I expected, actually, because Android is finicky about these things) and a newer 61 key portable that is quite happy to play to the app. Is there an email address we should send details to?
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

seant23
Site Admin

Postby seant23 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:50 pm

Just create a new topic on the forum under Android. If you have personal account details or anything sensitive in a bug report you can email support@playgroundsessions.com. For general stuff like a certain model keyboard isn't working, it's probably best to report to the forums so users with similar issues can keep posted on progress and help debug things.

Thanks!

sw1tch73ch

Postby sw1tch73ch » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:00 pm

Cool will do. It's a lack of class compliant MIDI that is biting on this one. Unless you all want to find the legacy MIDI drivers and drop them in for the Android app, this may be just that... a notice for other users to see if they can use the Android with their particular keys.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

Baron

Postby Baron » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:45 pm

Are the videos supposed to be working in this beta version?

seant23
Site Admin

Postby seant23 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:21 pm

Hi Baron,

Videos should work in this beta.

sw1tch73ch

Postby sw1tch73ch » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:00 pm

I'm not seeing the video lessons in the list of lessons. At least not in the Rookie Bootcamp.

-- jbs --

Baron

Postby Baron » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:16 pm

Should we put in a support ticket?

sw1tch73ch

Postby sw1tch73ch » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:52 pm

I don't know if we're ready for a support ticket. I checked and the videos as part of the songs are there, it's just the lessons with videos are not listed in the courses. The videos in the Songs play, so the function is working, at least on my Samsung Tab S2. I'll let Sean respond before running up a ticket.

I did grab a screen shot on my tablet with the listing of lessons that show the lessons with videos aren't showing up.

-- jbs --

sw1tch73ch

Postby sw1tch73ch » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:32 pm

If you look at these screen shots from my tablet, you can see that the list only includes the lessons without videos. Well, you will have to compare the full list with this list to see that.

Screenshot_20170201-140911.jpg
Screenshot_20170201-140911.jpg (359.71 KiB) Viewed 2816 times

Screenshot_20170201-141047.jpg
Screenshot_20170201-141047.jpg (375.75 KiB) Viewed 2816 times

-- jbs --

Return to “Android (Beta)”