Fingering adherence

Discussion about Playground's supplemental courses.
Skyp1e

Fingering adherence

Post by Skyp1e » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:57 pm

How important is it to use the fingering suggested by Playground sessions? There are some times where I find an alternate fingering to make more sense to me and the suggested fingering seems awkward.

Should I suck it up and stick to the fingering printed in the sheet music or go with my own fingering? Keep in mind I'm trying to be as technically proficient as possible here and not take shortcuts.

Thanks.

EFlatMajor

Re: Fingering adherence

Post by EFlatMajor » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:57 am

Hello Skyp1e - The numbers are only a guideline, or recommendation.

People have different hand sizes and reach across keys, so play with the fingerings you are most comfortable with, whether it is within PGS or sheet music you have purchased outside of the app.

Good luck

sw1tch73ch

Re: Fingering adherence

Post by sw1tch73ch » Sun May 02, 2021 5:25 pm

My advice is if this is a boot camp lesson, try to use the suggested fingering at least the first few plays. They are also teaching you how to "flow" through the notes with the least tension. But if the suggested fingering doesn't fit your hand, after trying it, switch to what you hands can do. Just gives the suggestions a try, that's all. They are after all, suggestions.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --