Any plans for standard fingering?

Have a question? Look no further!
Saladfingers

Any plans for standard fingering?

Post by Saladfingers » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:35 pm

I find that the current number fingering system is too much of a crutch and hinders reading the music or sight reading. A lot of the time I catch myself reading the beginning notes and positioning changes and the rest of the time I am just reading numbers and pressing the corresponding fingers. I do try to consciously ignore the numbers that are not vital for positioning but it ends up becoming a distraction and drawing my gaze from the score because the numbers are easier to follow and a language my brain can process faster than notes at this point.

To negate this I have been making note of hand placements and then disabling the fingering which achieves the desired effect of actually reading the music as I play but it would be nice to have an option for a more typical fingering that you would find in books of music or in learning books like alfred's.

I am just curious if that is something that has been considered or at all a plan for the future?

andrewwegierski

Re: Any plans for standard fingering?

Post by andrewwegierski » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:52 pm

This type of finger number notation has actually not been considered, but I will forward this information to the music team for their consideration.

Andy
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

eichenberg

Post by eichenberg » Wed May 27, 2020 2:49 pm

This suggestion is great. This would be a great improvement!

Danjwaters

Post by Danjwaters » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:57 am

Any updates on adding Alfred's Basic piano library?