Misrepresentation

Have a question? Look no further!
Judith@65

Misrepresentation

Post by Judith@65 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:45 pm

I watched the video of Harry Connick Jr. that I respect. He showed you could play from a piano or a keyboard. I paid for a month only to find out you have to have a digital keyboard. I feel duped. :cry:

Moreless

Re: Misrepresentation

Post by Moreless » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:43 am

How did you think an acoustic piano would connect to the iPad or computer?

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:27 pm

Some acoustic pianos can connect to the app - if they have a "player system" installed. Disklavier pianos from Yamaha for instance. But the app itself doesn't "listen" to an acoustic piano. The lessons you learn do apply to a real piano, however. There are some that use the lessons anyway on a regular piano. You don't get all the scoring and tracking, if you do, however.

Still, perhaps the advertising could make it clearer that Playground Sessions doesn't currently work with an acoustic setup.

There is this on the website: https://support.playgroundsessions.com/ ... -keyboard-
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:51 am

Furthermore, to your point, John, the player system on the piano has to be able to transmit MIDI data outward. A standard player system receives data for automatic performance.

But the Disklavier pianos do work well with Playground.

Andrew
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

whootah44

Post by whootah44 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:26 pm

Same thing happened to me. I purchased and my keyboard doesn't work for their program. Feel like if you brand yourself as the leading online platform for piano lessons you should be able to accommodate all types of key boards. Requested immediate refund.

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:11 pm

andrewwegierski wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:51 am
Furthermore, to your point, John, the player system on the piano has to be able to transmit MIDI data outward. A standard player system receives data for automatic performance.

But the Disklavier pianos do work well with Playground.

Andrew
Good catch. I was using, perhaps inadvisably, the player system as a generic interface to computer. I imagine there are computer based player systems that don't also include recording, so it is a good point that I should have said an acoustic with a computer interface for playback and recording. No excuse other than my brain was being lazy! But the point is made in the FAQ that people should read before buying.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --