Is this forum for the community?

Have a question? Look no further!
Gavala

Is this forum for the community?

Post by Gavala » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:45 am

Could someone in admin please tell me if this forum is going to be for customer feedback and problem solving only?

Whilst social media networks are in vogue and no one could deny are extremely popular, I personally find those formats rather impersonal. The fast moving nature of them means that what is being said today is irrelevant tomorrow and soon forgotten, rather than peoples efforts in constructing and producing something having its permanent home, often to the good of the hosts potential client audience.

As someone who has used Phpbb forum software myself I am fully aware how easy it would be to allow users who are recognised PG clients to submit threads themselves without having to wait for a moderator to flag it through.

If we could have some clarity on this please.

(BTW, as of today forum announcements is spelt incorrectly :roll: )

sw1tch73ch

Re: Is this forum for the community?

Post by sw1tch73ch » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:07 pm

I'm not an admin, but I can say this forum is for social interaction even more than it is for troubleshooting and customer feedback. Explore the other topics and you find many are about users like us encouraging each other, or offering user based advice (like what kind of pianos we like, and other things that might sort of qualify as technical support, but from a user perspective).

What is funny is I never noticed "Forum Announcements" is missing one of the "n" in there. Maybe the key was worn out by the third instance, and recovered for the fourth form so much usage of that letter? If Andrew pops in to this thread maybe he can get that fixed.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

Gavala

Re: Is this forum for the community?

Post by Gavala » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:53 pm

Thanks Sw1tch.

Previous to today I'd made a few posts but non appeared due to moderation and imagined that if this was happening to every post it would be to the detriment of a community spirit.

I for one am still a big believer in forums being the hard guts of a solid on-line community. Social media is similar in respect to the daily news for me, mostly irrelevant and soon forgotten. Not that social media doesn't have its place.

Looking at your post count it gives me heart that we are alive. Thank you.

Thank you also to Andrew who looks after the forum.