Rookie Roadmap?

Have a question? Look no further!
rhoward132

Rookie Roadmap?

Post by rhoward132 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:47 am

I have started the Rookie Bootcamp and have completed step 12: Lines and Spaces - Bass Clef. During this step the Reading Music course was unlocked so I decided to complete this course before advancing to step 13 of the Bootcamp. During the Reading Music course the Both Hands Practice course was unlocked. I completed the Reading Music course and started the Both Hands Practice course. as I have progressed through this, other courses have become unlocked.

My question is: do I work through all of the courses as they become unlocked or do I return to the Rookie Bootcamp and complete that before I try the courses? Is there a suggested roadmap that I can follow?

Thanks

Robin

SJunior22

Re: Rookie Roadmap?

Post by SJunior22 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:36 am

Hello Robin!

The honest answer - its completely up to you. There is no generalized path to follow that will make you learn efficiently.

You set the path however you feel comfortable with. Be careful about getting too comfortable and plataeuing. Make sure whatever path you choose for yourself that its always going to challenge you meanwhile, being as fun as possible.

I also add that its not what you practice, its how you practice. Whatever time you set for practice, its used to its best (even if its 10 mins). I've written a post in the "practice tips" section called "how to practice efficently..". I suggest giving it a look and see if there are any other tips that may serve you well as you plot your course to becoming the piano player you desire.

I hope this helps and wish you all the best on your journey!

St8kout

Re: Rookie Roadmap?

Post by St8kout » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:26 pm

Yeah, you can ignore the "extra" courses if you want. I'm just now completing the Rookie part and it keeps you plenty busy. I've even skipped some of the harder steps within a lesson (some can get a bit frustrating) and came back to them later after I built up some skill from other lessons.