Will there ever be a dark mode?

Have a question? Look no further!
Michele Mink

Will there ever be a dark mode?

Post by Michele Mink » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:16 pm

Hello, I am a frequent user of Playground Sessions, and the bright white on the background of this application always hurts my eyes. I have tried to turn down the brightness of my monitor, but it hasn't helped much. I was wondering if there is or ever is going to be a dark mode in the works, it would really help.

EFlatMajor

Re: Will there ever be a dark mode?

Post by EFlatMajor » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:41 am

Hello Michele, welcome to the club.

Your best bet for getting an answer to that question would be to send an email to customer service and ask them. I would hold off though, and wait until after this impending new version of Playground Sessions is released.

I suspect "dark mode" will not be there, I just can't see black paper with white notes. That is just my opinion. I have a few suggestions for you though.

If you do send that email to customer service, ask for a feature enhancement that lets you customize the color of the paper background. It would be in "Settings" and would range from bleached white (like copier paper) down to brown (Declaration of Independence). That could solve your problem and also be a lot easier for developers to implement.

Also check the themes in Microsoft Windows. Changing the theme may help you but this is a long shot.

Lastly - Be sure to practice in a very well lit room. This way, the white from the monitor will not be so bright in contrast to the room lighting. Hopefully this can help stop your eyes from hurting.

Good luck.