Where should I start from?

Have a question? Look no further!
alexbiship

Where should I start from?

Post by alexbiship » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:55 pm

I'm new to piano world and trying to learn piano at home nowadays. PS is really great and best fit what I need. there are two tabs above "Bootcamp" and "Courses". Should I practice all bootcamp rookie lessons if I'm in Rookie level and then move to courses? Sorry my poor English. Thanks.

SJunior22

Re: Where should I start from?

Post by SJunior22 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:11 am

Hi alexbiship!

You get to determine how to learn the piano. Since no one learns the same way, the path is entirely up to you.

Consider the "Bootcamps" as the fundamentals to learning and playing the piano. The "Courses" are meant to supplement what you've learned with the corresponding "Bootcamp" lesson. Courses can serve to help you further understand a particullar concept/lesson but in my opinion, not critical in order to learn the piano. I've completed all of the bootcamp lessons and about half of the courses and I'm currently venturing into learning full songs without any apprehension.

Again, you determine how you want to learn and utilize the Playground app to its fullest extent.

I hope this helps and wish you all the best!

EFlatMajor

Post by EFlatMajor » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:18 pm

Hello Alex,

Junior is right, there is no official path for completing the program. Different people learn at different speeds in different ways.

If I might make a general suggestion though - start with the rookie bootcamp and the course "Reading Music - Staff Notation (Rookie)" Do them at the same time. The course teaches you all the music theory you need to know to complete the rookie bootcamp. A real frustration saver.

After that, do whatever suits you.

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:58 pm

One note to add: Many courses "unlock" after you get through specific boot camp lessons. You should look at any courses you already have unlocked to see if you feel ready for them, but to get more courses unlocked, play the boot camp lessons.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

Galm

Post by Galm » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:58 am

I'm behind EFlatMajor's idea to go first for the bootcamp, and then for the Staff Notation part, it worked for me, at least.