Apple Airpods Pro

Have a question? Look no further!
gjkkgood@icloud.com

Apple Airpods Pro

Post by gjkkgood@icloud.com » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:10 pm

Just got a new subscription to Playground and tried to use my new Airpods pro so it woould not playback into the room, am using a MacBook Pro, and after getting them to finally work in Playgrond using advanced setting output and selecting the Airpods, got sound in the Airpods, However, there is about a 1/2 second delay when in a lesson when trying to hit a key while reading the score, makes it really difficult to get the timing right. Plugged in normal headphones in the Mac and the timing was fine. Has anyone else had the same problem and if so were you able to overcome the delay?

Appreciate any feedback, greatly appreciated.

EFlatMajor

Re: Apple Airpods Pro

Post by EFlatMajor » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:27 pm

Hello gjkkgood@icloud.com,

Your best bet for technical support is to contact customer service:

support@playgroundsessions.com

But before you do that, consider this:
I had the exact same problem when I started playground sessions. When using bluetooth headphones, I had this 1/2 second delay between pressing a keyboard key and actually hearing it. It threw me off as well. "Wired" headphones worked fine.

I found that the problem was not with PGS, but most likely Bluetooth itself. I have read a lot about latency in Bluetooth version 4, and not any practical workarounds. I also read (not confirmed) that in Bluetooth version 5, this problem is either not there, or can be configured away. Remember that both the bluetooth earphones and the computer must have Bluetooth version 5 for it to be used.

As for me, I use cheap $20 wired headphones. I plug the earphone jack on the computer into the "Line In" port on my piano. I plug the headphones into the headphone jack on the piano. So everything comes through the headphones. On the piano bench I never move more than 1-2 feet in any direction so this works well for me.

Good luck.

gjkkgood@icloud.com

Post by gjkkgood@icloud.com » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:03 pm

Thanks for the feedback, greatly appreciated, will give that a try.

Colleen322

Post by Colleen322 » Fri May 21, 2021 12:12 am

i want more details

Colleen322

Post by Colleen322 » Fri May 21, 2021 12:13 am

gjkkgood@icloud.com wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:03 pm
Thanks for the feedback, greatly appreciated, will give that a try.
i have a question

Colleen322

Post by Colleen322 » Tue May 25, 2021 2:10 am

hi there i have a question

EFlatMajor

Post by EFlatMajor » Thu May 27, 2021 3:24 pm

Hello Colleen, if you have a question you can just ask it. No need to get our attention first. We will see it.

Good luck.

lucidmusicinc

Post by lucidmusicinc » Sat May 29, 2021 11:42 am

Forget about bluetooth audio... It doesn't matter about the marketing, Beats Studio Wireless, AirPods Pro Max, whatever... The sound will always be lossy and there will always be latency.

You need to get yourself a pair of reference headphones. I would recommend SHP 9500. Very comfortable, inexpensive (less than $100 and sounds nice).