You Raise Me Up Challenge

Have a question? Look no further!
odeon

You Raise Me Up Challenge

Post by odeon » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:36 am

Hello everyone,

I'm a relative newbie here so I wasn't around when the You Raise Me up challenge was first on. Now that I've been tackling it (and having lots of fun), only one thing strikes me as peculiar... Are there lessons missing or why does it seem that there are no "putting-it-all-together" tutorials? (I'm referring to the intermediate level.)

I can of course memorise all parts, but it would make sense to have the entire sheet music available in the end. The song library offers no help either since the versions available there are quite different.

If nothing can be done to remedy this, would someone at least tell me if one's just supposed to segue to the modulation (chorus 3) after what's come before?

Thanks!

sw1tch73ch

Re: You Raise Me Up Challenge

Post by sw1tch73ch » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:57 pm

It was a concert recital with like 700 of us participating. Kids got portions of the melody. Rookies a simplified both hands portion, Intermediate got some nice challenging bits, and the advanced players got the hard stuff. You can watch the final version here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPommHR35iI

So you can see how we did the whole song, just not any one all the way through.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --