Video Lessons Not Playing

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for Windows
BMallow

Video Lessons Not Playing

Post by BMallow » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:54 pm

Help! The videos that are part of the Rookie Bootcamp Lesson #35, Lean on Me, are not playing on my laptop.

To this point, all of the other video lessons in the Rookie Bootcamp have played just fine. As a test, I went back to the first video lesson to see if it would play. When I opened it, a popup told me there was an update, so I clicked to apply it. Now, the first lesson will not play either, even though it played fine when I did it the first time (which has been several weeks -- I missed some time with vacation and being sick).

I tried a couple of things before posting to the forum: reinstalling Lesson #35, logging out and back into Playground, and rebooting my laptop. None of these solved the problem.

Can someone please advise me on what to do/try next? Was some update rolled out in the last several weeks (the test with Video Lesson #1 makes me suspect that)?

Thank you.

sw1tch73ch

Re: Video Lessons Not Playing

Post by sw1tch73ch » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:04 pm

Windows version: Playground Sessions 2.4.335

Lessons 1 and 7 fail to play for me, after they "updated."

Lesson 16 updated but still plays.

Lessons 17, 34, 35 and 37 have not updated, and play fine for me. I haven't reached any of the others yet.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:49 pm

OK, Crazy, but now the two lessons are playing. I did shut down the PC for a while to work on the Android Beta (Looking good so far, I'll post my comments in that appropriate thread in a bit).

So.... Not sure what happened. Maybe it was a new CODEC that my Windows 7 box didn't have loaded and when I tried to play them, windows did it's internet search behind the scenes thing. Any way, I saw that Lesson 7 and 8 were reversed between Android and Windows, so I had to pop back to the Windows box to verify I wasn't remembering wrong. And now 1 and 7 work.

It was a temporary glitch for me? We'll see as the videos get updated, I guess.

Cheers and good luck everyone still having video playback troubles.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

seant23
Site Admin

Post by seant23 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:51 pm

Hi Guys,

We just swapped over video systems. The new system has much smaller files, so faster downloads and less hard drive space required. We did a big conversion of all the videos. But some look like they had issues. We have been updating them as soon as they are reported today.

Let us know if you run into any issues and we will look into each issue and make sure the video files are all correct.

Thanks!

BMallow

Post by BMallow » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:21 pm

Thanks to those who responded.

To seant23, Rookie Bootcamp Lessons #1 and #35 won't play for me.

Thanks!!

Vikker

Post by Vikker » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:49 pm

There are a number of bootcamp videos that don't work after they are updated. I suggest you check them.
Also the song my immortal on rookie level fails to load.
Thanks for looking into the matter.

nelsonj

Post by nelsonj » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:48 pm

Bootcamp video lessons 49 & 50 not playing for me. Is there a way to remove them and try downloading again?

thomas1018
Site Admin

Post by thomas1018 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:17 am

Hey everyone,

The video lessons should work now with the new mandatory update released on Friday.