Keyboard shortcuts not working

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for Windows
SteveB

Keyboard shortcuts not working

Post by SteveB » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:30 pm

Win 7
Version 2.5.420

Have just installed PS & gone through a few basic sessions. And I very much like this & will be subscribing when my trial runs out. :)

Just one suggestion unless I'm missing something. I have a wireless PC keyboard so having it by my music keyboard is no problem but I do find that when dialogue boxes pop up I am unable to just hit Enter or Esc to get rid of but have to faffle with my mouse & click on OK.
Be nice if I could just hit Enter on keyboard rather than faff, or have a keyboard note to press.

Also to play the next lesson Space has to be used. Likewise if this could be a keyboard note button to press.

Great stuff though,all works fine,the above are just niggles!

docsuisse

Re: Keyboard shortcuts not working

Post by docsuisse » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:52 pm

Same here, I also have a wirelesse keyboard and the shortcuts are not working. I am using a win 10 lenovo laptop. Mouse works fine. Would be great if this could be resolved.

Laurensss

Post by Laurensss » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:04 am

Don't have a solution for the [OK] button but starting/ stopping a lesson may work by pressing the extreme high and low keys on your (music) keyboard simultaneously. Found this out more or less by accident, don't think it's documented anywhere. Be sure to have your keyboard identified correctly in settings, with the correct number of keys.

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:33 am

As a Command Line Interface junkie from way back, I do occasionally try to press enter to dismiss a dialog - only to remember the mouse is needed. So an "Enter" or "Escape" to close a dialog would be helpful, indeed.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

Pritel03

Post by Pritel03 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:42 pm

They really should add all the shortcuts to the actual piano being used (like FlowKey does). I don't have a wireless keyboard, nor wireless mouse, so each time I have to go to my computer, start the lesson and then hurry back to my piano before the lesson starts.

neosphere

Post by neosphere » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:57 am

I would have recommended another console until the point that you specified that the issue endured after you connected to an elective console. A weird issue.

So have you attempted?

An alternate USB ports.

The console on an alternate PC/workstation.

Or then again holding down the left move key for 5 seconds.