Changing which keys are displayed?

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for Windows
smthng

Changing which keys are displayed?

Post by smthng » Sun May 06, 2018 7:51 am

I have an Akai LPK25 I'd like to use when travelling until I can decide on something slightly larger. It only has 25 keys. PS recognizes this and configures it correctly, but when I'm going through exercises, they are often centered an octave or two above the key range on my small keyboard, which means I can't see the numbers highlighted on the keys in Playground Sessions. "I Dreamed a Dream" in Rookie Courses is a perfect example of this. I can change octaves of the physical keyboard so I'm hitting the right keys in the right range, but I can't move the displayed keyboard up to match. Is there a way to adjust where that displayed key range is?

If not, what's the minimum recommended amount of keys... I need something larger than the LPK for travelling, but I'd like to know what the limitations in PS are before deciding on something. Thanks!

andrewwegierski

Re: Changing which keys are displayed?

Post by andrewwegierski » Sun May 06, 2018 5:58 pm

Hi there,

All of our rookie arrangements typically fit 49 keys, while the intermediate and advanced ones fit 61 keys. If you think you'll mostly be playing rookie level songs and lessons, I'd recommend a 49 key keyboard.

Try changing the octave setting on your keyboard before you configure it with the Playground software, and see if that helps. In other words, before you play the lowest key, set the octave transposition down, and then when you play the highest key, bring it up two octaves.

Best,
Andrew
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

smthng

Re: Changing which keys are displayed?

Post by smthng » Mon May 14, 2018 7:00 am

Thanks, I already have a 61 "portable", but it's not very travel friendly. I'll probably pick up a 49 portable without speakers for travel.