Touch screen gestures?

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for Windows
stelek

Touch screen gestures?

Post by stelek » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:33 am

Hi,
I'm a new user and I've just installed the application on my HP x360 "convertible" notebook. I'm using my computer in the "tablet mode", which means with the touch screen only. I somehow expected to be able to scroll through lessons by swiping my finger on the screen but it does not work. Instead I have to use the very thin scrollbars that are very difficult to hit with my thick fingers.

Does the application support touch screen gestures and it just does not work for me, or are those not implemented at all?

andrewwegierski

Re: Touch screen gestures?

Post by andrewwegierski » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:12 am

Hi there,

Unfortunately, touch screen gestures are only supported on the iPad and Android versions right now. On a 2 in 1 Windows Machine, users must use the scroll bar.

The tech team has a lot on their plate right now - namely the Android app - as it was just recently released. Touch screen features may or may not be addressed in the long term future.
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

stelek

Post by stelek » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:43 pm

Thank you for your answer!

Perhaps you could make the scrollbars a little wider then? Or at least increase the "detection area" for grabbing the scrollbar's slider?

Heimatti

Post by Heimatti » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:40 pm

Vote one up for this request to fix. I am also working on a touch screen and the scroll bars are very, very small and hard to target, even with the stylus.

makeublush

Post by makeublush » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:53 pm

Heimatti wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:40 pm
Vote one up for this request to fix. I am also working on a touch screen and the scroll bars are very, very small and hard to target, even with the stylus.
This really isn't a feature request. It really is bad design and is enormously frustrating during lessons, thanks!

Galwayguy

Post by Galwayguy » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:18 am

Did posters find a way around this problem ? Could one use a wireless mouse or trackball ?

dirtyredog

Post by dirtyredog » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:43 pm

I have the same issue using a windows tablet. Feels unpolished as an app. Much easier to use a mouse.

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:15 pm

I'll chime in here as I've made the switch to a Windows Tablet. This is definitely something I think about every time I use the app and can't scroll the screen easily. The scroll bars are tiny on my screen and my fingers very often have trouble using the scroll bar. On a normal "touch enabled" app, this isn't a problem since I can just use the standard Windows scrolling gestures. It will probably never be a problem on a Mac since Apple seems reluctant to bite into their iOS device line up with a touch enabled Mac - though a touch capable Mac would be killer. Microsoft, however, has had touch for a long time in their OS and it would be lovely to be able to use it in Playground Sessions.

I should note that while my Windows tablet is on my digital piano, I don't have a place for a mouse, or a keyboard, or traditional touch pad. Just my fat fingers on the screen.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

peter

Post by peter » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:42 pm

Hi there,
This really needs to be escalated. The very thin scrollbar on the right is near impossible to use. I can actually never get it to do actual scrolling no matter how many times I push and drag down. I can get it to page down by randomly clicking/pressing on the right side, but this is unreliable and infuriating. My sons with their smaller fingers have slightly more success. But given that the majority of users will be using tablets placed on their music stands, this is an extremely visible issue.

I'll assume you're using WinForms - Perhaps this link will provide some encouragement: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/window ... ch-samples

peter

Post by peter » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:56 pm

I'll add that this is an issue in scrolling up/down in the course and song listings. But it's infuriating in the actual music when you want to scroll up and down some staves without the course playing.