Not working with Skype

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for Windows
Beauknowsdiddly

Not working with Skype

Post by Beauknowsdiddly » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:54 am

Hello Everyone,
I’m hoping someone can help me figure this out….
Up until recently, I could run playground sessions and skype at the same time without any issues.
For the last couple weeks, I haven’t been able to. Whenever I start playground sessions, skype right
away says, “speakers muted” and I can no longer hear the person on skype. I believe they can hear me,
but I can’t hear them. I don’t know if this is a Skype issue or a Playground issue but I can’t figure it out.
Once I turn off PS and reboot Skype, I get sound through skype again. So now I can’t play what I’ve
learned with my friends on Skype.

I have a midi piano plugged into my Windows 10 PC via USB and a focusrite interface for sound. Should I install the ASIO Drivers or any other ideas? I don't think I have the asio drivers installed but that's the setting I'm using in PS settings "type" and it seems to be the one with the least amount of lag.

I dunno...

Thanks Everyone!
Thank You!

Beau
Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Dual Core 3.5GHz, 8Gbs RAM
Yamaha YPG-535, Focusrite 2i2 2nd Gen. Level 80

sw1tch73ch

Re: Not working with Skype

Post by sw1tch73ch » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:11 pm

While waiting for an authoritative answer you could check if skype allows you to share the audio devices. I haven't used skype in years so am not very familiar with its current abilities and settings.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

andrewwegierski

Re: Not working with Skype

Post by andrewwegierski » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:35 pm

Can you right click the volume icon in the bottom right corner of your computer, and then click "Volume Mixer?"

This shows the volume levels for all applications that are currently open on your computer. Is Skype appearing there?

Furthermore, go to "Sounds" and see if you can play around with the audio devices.

Best,
Andrew
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com