Software timing issues

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for Windows
tadiorio

Software timing issues

Post by tadiorio » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:50 pm

Is there some sort of buffer that affects timing?
When I am working on a piece(boot camp lesson or song) that takes me more that a few attempts to complete I notice timing errors seem to increase with each attempt. Out of frustration I tried exiting and restarting PGS and that seemed to clear the problem. This seems to be consistent.

Is this a 'feature' ;)

andrewwegierski

Re: Software timing issues

Post by andrewwegierski » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:39 pm

Ha, no, you shouldn't have to do that.

Can you try setting the sample rate to 44100 under settings?
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

postwick

Post by postwick » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:17 pm

I noticed the same thing. I was having terrible timing issues and the moving bar would hesitate each time I pressed a key, and outright stop if I pressed more than one. I tried numerous things which resulted in happening to reboot my tablet. It was better after reboot. I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I won't move to the next section until I hit 100:. Slowly the lag gets worse each time I try.

This tells me there is a memory management issue in the software. It gets slower and slower at recognizing key presses as time goes on.

postwick

Post by postwick » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:14 pm

I switched to the ASIO driver and it seems to be better but still happens eventually. When the app was lagging badly I checked and the memory usage of the process was over 230MB. After closing and reopening PGS it was down around 150MB. Please improve memory management so app restarts are no longer necessary.

pavel

Post by pavel » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:11 am

noticed the same behaviour, thought it is due to my old notebook, it is not :( , interesting on mac it works perfectly (flawlessly if you will) :)

ethanaidenies

Post by ethanaidenies » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:25 am

ASIO driver for RocketFish soundcard?
I installed ASIO4ALL driver to fix the latency for the incoming audio. send gifts to pakistan The problem is though, I don't see the ASIO tray-icon, therefore, I'm not getting where it is. Is there a way to know what the hell it's doing?
Update: I'm using a 32bit windows 7
Last edited by ethanaidenies on Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Brewster

Post by Brewster » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:34 pm

I run W10 on an HP Pavilion G6 with a fibre optics connection and I have had many frustrating problems with timing. Either there is a problem or if not I suggest for learning that the preceision or tolerance be lowered slightly. I suspect that any live performer can be off the same amount when singing or playing and only a computer could identify the minor aberration. It is just too annoying the way it is. Sometimes it even sounds wrong when I am only in demo mode. Everyone will have slightly different equipment, cycle speeds, network speeds etc. which is even more rationale for making the software slightly more forgiving.