Count-In is quiet when running through external speakers

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for Windows
byllc

Count-In is quiet when running through external speakers

Post by byllc » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:14 pm

I'm running the app through the speakers on my digital piano so that I can hear the wonderful sound of my kawaii and the speakers on my surface book are not loud enough to really get the full effect of the music.

For some reason, even though I have the volume for the Count-In all the way to max, it is very quiet, as well as the click track, but the backing accompaniment, and any other audio on the computer is full volume. I tried to search the forum but the search for Count In but didn't bring up anything similar.

I'll reiterate that the metronome and count in are set to be full volume. Even if I turn the piano and backing track down to half volume and crank up the gain, it doesn't seem to fix the problem. Is it something about the channel they are on?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

byllc

Re: Count-In is quiet when running through external speakers

Post by byllc » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:04 pm

Thought in case anyone else runs in to this. I ended up fixing it by adding a cheap 20 dollar USD mixer in between the surface book and the piano and making sure I was sending a signal through both channels on the mixer, I now have full control over the volumes. For some reason no matter what I tried before the count and metronome were way too soft to hear.

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:22 pm

That is strange. I run the audio of my tablet to my piano. I hear it at the appropriate levels. Thanks for putting your solution here in case someone else runs into the same thing. Even though I do use a tiny mixer to record to, I have it after the piano, not between the computer and piano.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:45 pm

If you're still experiencing this issue please email support@playgroundsessions.com. We can help you more thoroughly there.

Andrew
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com