Unlocking Courses

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for Windows
MrSchaeferPants

Unlocking Courses

Post by MrSchaeferPants » Tue May 14, 2019 8:18 pm

So I've been at this for two years or so. I love this program. Unfortuantly I'm like the other millions who might pick this up, pay the membership fee for a month or three; then stop for the next six months. I've done this. And each time I sorta start over, go back through, brush up. I generally get better each time, faster.

But memorizing note notation is a good hard start. So I remember learning this in a great course, and this duration in starting back up I remember the lessons under courses, but I do not see it as an option. So I've been at it a few days since reupping my membership, and I get an email about unlocking a course.

What, why?!

I've already completed this course, why is it hidden, or hard to find? Am I blind? The first 2-3 of my learning curves in paying for this membership this was not availiable, then its unlocked? When it should be the very first thing I do. Then I have to unlock it again, after I've done it, and it's been six months and I've forgotten about it, yet its exactly what I need.

This is my favorite program, the best I've found. But I'm not happy with it. Two years without a real update. Now there's a new guy Harry Connnick Jr. When I really prefered the first guy. I see there's a few other new courses randomly in bootcamp. But instead of shelling money for whatever artists celebrity types I don't even know. Work on the software. I shouldn't unlock anything, we all learn differently. Unlock all of it, and let me find what works for me. Step one is memorizing notation to physical keys. A note, trebble/bass/ledger lines memorizing game. Or faster and faster note playing, not a song neccessarily.

Save your money on these famous people, I don't care about them. I want the software to work better.

Also, please install a "play" key. Like Retry C. Next D.

MrSchaeferPants

Re: Unlocking Courses

Post by MrSchaeferPants » Tue May 14, 2019 8:36 pm

And to help out anyone who needs it. Next D > Then press spacebar on keyboard to play. So helpful, should be written as an option everytime a lesson finishes. Like C retry / D next.

EDIT: It was David Sides, not the first guy. Awesome, professional.

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Tue May 21, 2019 12:56 pm

Hi there,

Sorry about this issue - this is a bug within the admin. The courses will automatically be removed from any membership that expires. When you pick it back up, it should automatically add you back into the courses - it is just slower than it should be for some reason, and I don't know why.

In this situation I always tell users to tell me exactly what courses they were in, and that I will manually add them to it with no problems. If you have requests for specific courses you want made available, I will do that for you. Just email us at support@playgroundsessions.com.

If you need a list of courses to jog your memory I'll do that too. Just not here.

Best,
Andrew
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

mgardner

Post by mgardner » Wed May 22, 2019 3:01 am

My unlocked courses appear on tablet but not on PC. Unfortunately, tablet doesn't communicate with my digital piano so it's worthless to see it there. I tried on 3 different tablets, but none worked. My piano (Yamaha P515) says they are not compatible. I don't think it's the version of Android since one of them is brand new, purhcased 3 weeks ago.

I agree with having a shortcut for "play" at the end of each lesson just like C for Retry and D for Next.

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Wed May 22, 2019 11:56 am

The p-515 will work with the iPad. Android tablets, because the various manufacturers are free to change things, don't always work well. My Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 will see the piano, but has such latency playing anything with good timing is not possible (at least when the last beta of Playground Sessions for Android). I blame the tablet not Playground Sessions - because the iPad works flawlessly. But I'm using a Windows 10 tablet for my real Playground Sessions training.

One of the worst Android flaws is that until Android version 6.0 they didn't even have a proper MIDI engine in Android - there were bits and pieces that manufacturers could choose to use, but most didn't. And even in Version 6 - if the hardware didn't implement some underlying technology, they still wouldn't work even if you could upgrade the version.

I love Android and really wish it was more stable for MIDI work. But there is a reason I have an iPad and it has nothing to do with office apps or games.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

mgardner

Post by mgardner » Fri May 24, 2019 11:50 am

sw1tch73ch, thank you for the information. I was wondering why so many apps work with just iPad not Android but now I understand. I don't want to buy iPad just for this purpose, I just have to wait Android version to come out. Playground staff, please hurry!!!

MrSchaeferPants

Post by MrSchaeferPants » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:55 pm

I let my subscription lapse again. I would love to show my scales training, both hands practice, beyond the ledger lines is somewhere where I was.

MrSchaeferPants

Post by MrSchaeferPants » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:28 pm

It looks like someone unlocked courses for me maybe. But not the scales. I completed the scales and was past beyond the ledger lines. Granted I need to go back to that, where it plays the notes with numbers, letters, than nothing but the notes with no letter shown.