MIDI: long hold note is not recoognized

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for Windows
helge

MIDI: long hold note is not recoognized

Post by helge » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:52 am

I have a Yamaha CLP-545 digital piano. Midi is working fine (USB and wifi). But when I play sessions, it happens sometimes that a long hold note is not recognized.
E. g. playing the left hand. I have to hold a key longer than one measure. Hiting the key is green. But in the next measure the note becomes red, but I can still hear the note from the piano. This happens only if I play other notes in parallel, like the right hand.

Don't know if this is a MIDI problem or a problem of the sofware (Win7, Release 2.0).

davidsides
Site Admin

Re: MIDI: long hold note is not recoognized

Post by davidsides » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:26 am

Hey, helge. We're currently working on a fix for this bug. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Agen0

Post by Agen0 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:07 am

Been working on it for 4 months or so now? I have the same issue and its fustrating. Also why haven't you even approved my thread regarding errors popping up in measures I haven't even gotten to yet when I play the first notes. This happens constantly as well. I really like your software besides that, but I'm not sure I want to pay for it with these lingering bugs.

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:23 pm

Completely understood. We should be rolling out the new update which addresses these problems very soon. Thank you all for being patient.

seant23
Site Admin

Post by seant23 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:59 pm

Hi Agen0,

You can test out the 2.1 beta, which should fix this issue here:

http://www.playgroundsessions.com/support/beta