Application does not open

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for Windows
eleifker

Application does not open

Post by eleifker » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:03 pm

I have downloaded and installed the latest version from the website and I am unable to login. I enter my credentials and the the app just spins and never opens. I thought initially this was because of the new version so I have uninstalled the previous version, rebooted and installed the new version again, but I get the same response. There is apparently something saved in the registry after uninstall since my login credentials are populated upon reinstall. Is someone able to tell me what is wrong with this installation? I am using Windows 7.

davidsides
Site Admin

Re: Application does not open

Post by davidsides » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:06 am

That's strange... Can you shoot me an email so I can look into it for you? david @ playgroundsessions.com

eleifker

Re: Application does not open

Post by eleifker » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:21 pm

I just searched to see if I missed something in the install instructions for upgrading to v 2, and did not find anything. So I am not sure why my user data was causing this problem, but I am documenting in case anyone else encounters this problem.

Anywho, the fix for my issue was this: I uninstalled and deleted the playground directory in my user folder (C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Playground) where all of the assets are stored. I reinstalled and now I am able connect. Possibly I did not have to uninstall and reinstall, but it is now working.

If anyone else is having this problem, the error in the log file was this:
8/15/2015 17:07:01.900 [ERROR] Uncaught: Error: EncryptedLocalStore internal error
Error: Error: EncryptedLocalStore internal error
at PlaygroundMediator/handleGlobalErrors()
at org.robotlegs.base::EventMap/routeEventToListener()
at MethodInfo-9967()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
at org.robotlegs.mvcs::Mediator/dispatch()
at com.rain.pg.view.views.login::LoginMediator/onLogin()
at org.robotlegs.base::EventMap/routeEventToListener()
at MethodInfo-9967()
By the way, the log files are stored here: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Playground