Plaground moves to main monitor on startup

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for Windows
keithjen

Plaground moves to main monitor on startup

Post by keithjen » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:59 pm

Hi
I have multiple monitors on my PC including a monitor above my keyboard.
I start Playground on this monitor but it relocates to the main system monitor after the splash screen is displayed. Is ther some way to stop this relocation or at least make it optional. It's not a big deal, but it is a minor annoyance that's probably easy to resolve. :)

Thanks

Keith

davidsides
Site Admin

Re: Plaground moves to main monitor on startup

Post by davidsides » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:51 am

That's strange... We're looking into this.

andy16k

Post by andy16k » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:52 pm

mines doing this, only installed yesterday, it always automatically resizes to full, i have 2 monitors so it just spreads it across 2 screens
very annoying resizing everytime

keithjen

Post by keithjen » Thu May 02, 2019 6:53 pm

So .... over 3 years on and it hasn't changed. I even bought some multi monitor software to force Playground onto the monitor above my piano on startup. It does this but 2 or 3 seconds later, when the login box displays, it repositions back on the main monitor on the other side of the room :( . Please, if a developer is reading this, please please stop your windows repostioning themselves to the main monitor. I can't tell you how frustrating it is every single time I use your software to have to go back across the rooms to move the window back :cry: .

EFlatMajor

Post by EFlatMajor » Fri May 10, 2019 2:52 pm

Did you try moving your mouse pointer over to the monitor you want to use immediately after starting PGS but before the window appears? Just in case Windows wants to create the PGS window where your mouse pointer is.

Another option might be to create a Windows Desktop Shortcut for PGS on the monitor you want to use and start it from there.

On my multimonitor system PGS starts either the same place as last time, or wherever my mouse pointer is.

This is not a problem with PGS, the issue is with Microsoft Windows.

keithjen

Post by keithjen » Thu May 16, 2019 12:40 am

I always start PGS from a shortcut on the monitor above my piano. So both the mouse and the shortcut are always on the monitor I require. As soon as the login screen appears, everything is moved to the main monitor.
I have got around this by using a macro to move the window a few seconds after PGS starts (long enough to give the login screen time to appear).